Tuesday, June 14, 2011

He signed when i asked for a sign

SIGN...
Why not try? I asked myself. 

A few weeks ago, my best friend, Clair, told me about her experience of asking God for a sign. She's been wanting to work a li'l bit far from home and there's an offer for her. Though tempted to grab the chance, she first inquired God about it by asking for a sign: If she will see a white butterfly the next day, then that job is not for her. Sure enough the next day, she saw a small, white butterfly along her way. This means she will let go of a 'good chance' but she trusted in God. Until now, I don't know what God's plan is awaiting her. But you see, my best friend's place is a crowded area where you seldom or never see butterflies...and puff! There goes the sign...Isn't it amazing?^^

So with that, I also tried. Well, to admit, I've been asking signs when I was younger, but i also have to admit that during those times, i some kinda manipulated the events. Lacking faith, eh...

Last week, one of my older sisters asked me to help her find a job for her here in my place. I did go to an agency that Monday afternoon but the staff are busy so i and my best friend, Gretch, went jalan-jalan. Since I'll be on night duty the next day, i told myself to go back to the agency the next morning.

Tuesday. I did wake up early but i felt lazy to go out. My manana habit started to bite me again. While having breakfast, i went to our backdoor and looked up at the mango tree behind the home. I silently talked to God, telling Him that if i see a squirrel on that mango tree within two minutes, then that means He wants me to go to Lucky Plaza and inquire at the agency (wow, S-M-A-R-T). For several seconds, I didn't see any movement from the tree, then...Whoops, out jumped a squirrel from (?) nowhere.... Ah, Lord, OK, so You want me to go there. And off, i went to LP.

The agency was closed when i got there so i walked, sight-seeing in the nearby shops. Then i remembered that i need to buy top-up card for my broadband so that i can upload the video i am preparing for my Ate Rhod's birthday. After getting info at LBC, I looked around for a top-up card. I didn't find any; the shop where we usually buy cards is closed. Maybe, God wanted me not to buy; obviously, i don't have much money. i laughed to myself. Asking Him for another sign, i told Him that if i go back to the agency and it's still closed, then that means i don't buy. well, shrug, it's closed so i didn't buy. May Your will be done, Lord, i silently prayed.

i decided to go back home and as i walked down, i met the agent. i followed him to the agency and discussed for awhile and then i went back home.i relayed the message to my sister about it...and i slept.

that night, our boss, who just came from a three-month work at New Zealand, dropped to check the home. i reminded him of the inpatient medical record for June...and he sat down and started to work on it until he finished at past 2AM, hehe (i just reminded, it's not a rush hihi)... and y'knowhat? he gave me the password for the wifi in our area...woooooowwww!!!!God's sooooo gooooodddd!!!! i dunno what more to say...every time, i'm so overwhelmed with His providence...He's so marvelous!!!

friends, keep up your faith. let's always TRUST in HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment